As consumer demand for bandwidth continues to rise, macro sites are becoming increasingly strained. To cope, operators are compelled to deploy new RF technology, which requires the introduction of new equipment to their existing network — or else the service will degrade and they risk losing customers. Not only do operators have to introduce new RF technology and add new capacity to their macro network, they also have to make sure these networks are optimized to deliver a high-quality experience to their customers.
As a certified Commscope solutions partner, we can help with these challenges by providing network modernization solutions.
- Heliax Fiber Feed (HFF) Turnkey Solution
- HFF is a virtual plug-and-play hybrid breakout system that directly connects the RRU to the baseband unit. Integrating a canister breakout design and pre-installed connectors, the hybrid power-fiber cable eliminates the need for a junction box while accommodating a multitude of RRU interfaces through a radio matching fiber tail—and where required, a power jumper kit.
- Eventum provides turnkey HFF solutions to mobile operators including planning, design, procurement, installation and testing services.
- Passive Inter-Modulation (PIM) Testing
- PIM is the result of two or more wireless signals mixing together to create additional, undesired frequencies that cause interference or degrade transmission of desired signals in wireless networks.
- Common causes of PIM include poor connector attachment, improperly torqued connectors, and scratches on conducting surfaces, poor quality of components or ferromagnetic materials in or near the RF path.
- Eventum provides PIM testing to mobile operators by isolating and testing specific components in the RF path. We work to minimize the impact of testing on other carriers’ availability and we do so while limiting the downtime during the test. We produce a comprehensive test report, which includes site-specific information such as sector and line description, TX frequencies and their power output levels, third-order mode frequency readings, a pass/fail threshold value, and time and date stamps.
- Metro Cell and Concealment Solutions
- The data demands of a mobile operator’s large-city customers continue to rise, yet zoning restrictions and site acquisition costs have made traditional macro-cell site deployment difficult in dense, urban environments. Add to this the need to deliver state-of-the-art RF system performance that can support multiple technologies—all in a low-profile package that is easy to conceal—and you quickly realize that demand has become more demanding than ever.
- Metro Cell site solutions optimize network performance and accelerate deployments. Encompassing RF delivery, equipment housing and concealment, these solutions improve performance of the RF link, expedite construction and enable faster zoning approvals, decreasing CapEx and OpEx and improving time to revenue.
- Eventum provides turnkey Metro Cell site solutions to mobile operators including planning, design, procurement, installation and testing services.