IT departments used to manage their applications independently…
making sure servers, networks, databases and storage systems were working as expected. However, it is often the case that even when sub-systems are working properly, the overall systems is not. Application Performance Management (APM) is the monitoring and managing of performance and availability of an application as a whole. Its scope includes users, network, software components, database, and server computational resources perspective. The objective of APM is to detect early warning signs of issues, help IT find the root cause, and resolve performance and quality issues proactively. During the lifecycle of a mission-critical application, APM is critical during different phases – namely migration, upgrades, user-acceptance testing (UAT), stress testing, and production troubleshooting. Eventum’s IT application services include:
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Do your critical business applications slow down or fail occasionally? Are you not always sure when and why this takes place?
- Your IT operations team needs the ability to continuously monitor end-user experience, application transactions, infrastructure and networks on a single dashboard, to catch and fix slowdowns and errors before users are impacted.
- Eventum will help your IT team put application monitoring infrastructure in place and build custom dashboards that provide continuous applications visibility and set alerts once performance SLAs are violated, so your team can troubleshoot the issue immediately.
- Application Performance Troubleshooting
- You have just rolled out your latest enterprise application to your customers and it is not performing as expected. Or one of your successful applications suddenly is not performing according to the agreed upon SLA. How do you troubleshoot and avoid impacting your business?
- Eventum will help your IT team first localize the problem – whether it is a network, server or application issue – identify components of the delay and drill into the specific domain where the fault may have occurred. Then we will leverage the rich forensic data to drill into individual transactions and pinpoint the source of the problem.
- Application Migration to the Cloud
- You have been considering integrating the cloud as part of your IT strategy, but you’re not sure how to do so and how it may impact your application performance. Will you migrate the entire application or just certain components? What is the impact of such migrations?
- You want to make sure your cloud provider’s infrastructure is in the right place so your application performs as designed and expected.
- Eventum can provide a wealth of data on application performance characteristics, enabling your organization to craft an intelligent cloud migration plan based on actual performance data and based on your cloud provider’s characteristics, prior to making any business-impacting decisions.
- Data Center Migration/Consolidation Planning
- As demands on your IT infrastructure grows, you need to expand your data center capacity. This will require geographical distribution or consolidation of server and compute resources. How do you make sure your application will continue to meet and exceed agreed upon SLAs?
- Eventum will provide a wealth of data on application performance characteristics, enabling your organization to craft a comprehensive data center migration/consolidation plan based on real data, not outdated architecture diagrams.
- Through application discovery, dependency mapping, and performance assessment based on current usage, we enable your migration planners to make informed decisions, helping minimize risk while ensuring service level agreements are maintained after migration/consolidation.